Our client has more then 160 years of science and engineering knowledge. They create keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Their Optical Communication segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fibre, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions. Their innovations help customers keep pace with the world's insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
They are looking to add a Sales Engineer, Enterprise Networks to their team. This person will be responsible for a geographical territory consisting of Alberta and Saskatchewan and will work from home. Approximately 50% travel will be required. You will only work with their Enterprise level clients - mostly distributors but some large end-user clients as well.
- Meet or exceed sales targets for all telecommunication products assigned
- Operate within selling expenses and promotions budget
- Ensure a balanced mix of sales calls to end users, contractors, assembly houses, distributors and consultants
- Coordinate sales calls with primary distributor representatives
- Provide ongoing training to distributors and assist them in effectively selling product solutions
- Provide timely call report summaries using a CRM system
- Maintain or improve current territory value
- 4 year bachelor's degree
- 3 to 5 years of sales or marketing experience
- Able to work effectively in an unstructured environment with minimum supervision
- Results oriented
- Able to use SalesForce to create and maintain project pipeline and forecasting
- Outstanding people skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills with an emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to set up small and large education programs with a focus on customer needs
- Ability to target and prioritize key customers
- Valid drivers licence and safe driving record
- Competitive, results driven with the ability to share in team successes
Shannon Neighbour Recruiting is an Edmonton-based recruitment agency that takes a personalized approach to placement. We match your company’s culture and personality to the most compatible Sales, Marketing, Management, or Administrative candidate for your business.
Contact us today to find out how we can find your next star.